]]>

20/03/2012

Textile art from Pinterest: new loves!

by Rita Smirna
by Diane Melms

by Danish Musahar

by Heather Bennett

by Rita Smirna

by Marina Strocchi

I read a post in ArtBiz blog about the importance of giving credit to the artist behind the artwork pinned in our boards. It is obvious and I had it in mind... however when you are in a "pinning" fever you just forget to check if the original source is provided with the pin. And most of the time it is not. It has been lost somewhere.

So yesterday I tried to check all my pins and I deleted the ones I couldn't find the source. Not an easy task!
I didn't finish yet and hope to do so soon. On the other hand, I added a personal credit to my pins in "my work" board so I can ensure a proper credit to my artwork if someone pins it:)

Pass it on and always give credit to the artist behind the artwork providing the link to the original source with your pins. If there is no original source, try not to pin it or ask the other pinners if they know the author. And be careful with the artwork you share if you don't want to be pinned!

Una entrada para recordar la importancia de dejar claro quién es el autor de todas las imágenes que compartimos en Pinterest. Muchas veces el artista detrás del trabajo que nos ha gustado no se encuentra! He empezado una limpieza de todos mis pins sin autor, lo que no es sencillo, y espero acabar pronto. Por otra parte, he añadido mis datos en las imágenes que corresponden a mi trabajo (carpeta"my work") por si alguien las quiere compartir:)
Intentad respetar a los artistas que comparten su trabajo online y no pongáis imágenes sin autor en vuestro Pinterest (o preguntad al primero que compartó el pin si se acuerda dónde lo encontró). Y cuidado con vuestro propio trabajo si no queréis encontrarlo en Pinterest sin autorización o crédito!

1 commentaires :

Immaculada a dit…

Hola Alex... te deje un premio en mi blog
http://ambmanetes.blogspot.com.es/2012/04/premi-pel-blog.html
Espero que la instalación vaya viento en popa!

Enregistrer un commentaire

Thanks for your comment!